28.10.08

Lessons I'm learning...

1. I can't settle anymore. 
I was in a relationship for eight years that deteriorated so much that I was just holding on to nothing. I was sharing him with the world. Every woman in New York had access to him. I was left at home alone with a baby.

2. Broaden my horizons. 
I started seeing someone that I had a past with. First let me say, I am all for rekindling romance when its right. But sometimes when time goes by, you may find that you have nothing in common anymore.

3. Don't push it.
You can't force anything to work. If it doesn't fit, It just won't fit. I should have left my son's father earlier, but I thought (at the time) that it could work. I don't know what I was thinking.

4.  Don't be afraid to be alone.
As a newly single mother, I find myself being lonely. When the house is quiet, I can't help but wonder if this is it. But I refuse to bring myself to where I was with my ex. Crying all of the time, wondering who he is with. Paranoia. All of that stress vs. being alone. I now choose the latter.

5. DON'T SETTLE.  I can't say it enough. Don't do it. I have children now and the choices that I make are not just about me. I gotta be smart about this.